Forging Strong Lasting Relationships at the Canton Fair in China
Whether you're a buyer or a seller, attending trade fairs is not only a great way of meeting new potential business partners but also strengthening existing relationships. Simply attending the fair and holding conversations on the exhibition floors though isn't always enough.
Hundreds of thousands of buyers from more than 210 countries will be flocking into Southern China this week for the 121st Canton Fair; where, according to the Canton Fair's website, over 24,000 exhibitors will be waiting throughout the 1.18 million square meter exhibition floor. With that amount of people it can be difficult forging any real lasting relationships.
At ShekouDaily, we focus on providing news and resources to help people enjoy life in Shekou, Shenzhen, China (about 1.5 hours from the Canton Fair) so it's natural that people often ask us for questions regarding many aspects of living and working in China. One question we get often during this time of year is "Where is a good place to go for dinner and drinks during the Canton Fair?" Since many readers of ShekouDaily are also buyers and exhibitors at the Fair, I thought I'd ask some of them for their thoughts on this question.
Below are the recommendations provided after filtering the responses based on three criteria:
a) those who have attended the Canton Fair either 4-10 times or more than 10 times;
b) those who go out to dinner and drinks with business contacts from the fair; and
c) those who find that doing so is either "somewhat important" or "very important".
One respondent also made a very good point. It's really crowded in Guangzhou during the Canton Fair, making it very difficult to get a cab. Wherever you go, it's best to consider places easy to get to via the metro.
WHERE TO GO
* Bosforo Turkish restaurant: No.9 Zhaoqing Building, No.304 Huanshi Zhong Road Yuexiu District 铂斯西餐厅: 510000环市中路304号肇庆大厦9号铺
* Buongiorno Italian Restaurant: 3rd Floor Yian Plaza, 33 Jiansheliumalu Road, Tel: 020 83633587. 邦奴意大利餐厅－广州. 广州市越秀区建设六马路33号宜安广场3楼 510060
* Amazon Sellers Meetup: Hundreds of people get together at McCawley's Irish Bar at 16 Huacheng Ave in the Tianhe District during each phase. Updated links to the event details for this and other networking events on during the Canton Fair can be found here.
* Take your guests on a tour on boat on the river in Guangzhou. For more info, visit the Travel China Guide web site which has good location, schedule and other details. The same respondent also recommended enjoying some seafood while you're along the river.
* The Terrace in Shenzhen offers 10% off for Canton Fair attendees. Although the Canton Fair takes place in Guangzhou, many attendees either stay or visit Shenzhen during their visit as it's nearby and not nearly as crowded.
Show your valid Canton Fair Badge and receive 10% OFF all food and drinks at The Terrace during the Canton Fair.
* Applicable on all non-discounted items.
* Available all day from April 14, 2017 to May 5, 2017
* Non Canton Fair badge holders can also receive the discount if their purchases are paid on the same bill as the person with a valid Canton Fair Badge.
Leave your comment
FEATURED EVENTS & PROMOS See All
Join hundreds of business professionals as they gather in Shenzhen for the 3rd Cross Border Summit from April 20-21, 2018 with additional sessions on the 19th and 22nd, 2018. SIGN UP BEFORE JANUARY 31st and SAVE up to 30%!
All beers on tap and house wine are buy 1 get 1 FREE Monday through Friday from 5-7pm at Hammock Bar & Restaurant. Beers on tap...
Baby shopping world. There are all kinds of products for babies, creative toys, cute dolls, and baby's groceries and food.
BROWSE EVENTS & PROMOS BY CATEGORY more
- Food (194)
- Drink Specials (136)
- Live Music (93)
- Holidays and Festivals (84)
- Family-Friendly (67)
- Theme Party (49)
- Happy Hours (45)
- Networking (29)
- Dancing (27)
- Sports (24)
- Art & Culture (21)
- Education (17)
- Charity (14)
- Business Services (13)
- Online Shopping (13)
- Health & Fitness (9)
- Religious / Spiritual (9)
- Beauty (8)
- Sports Schedules (8)
- Ladies Night (7)
- Gaming (6)
Browse by Category more
- Attractions (13)
- Best of Shekou (8)
- Business (16)
- China News (42)
- Education (15)
- Entertainment News (65)
- Food & Drink (16)
- Getting Around (13)
- Guides (21)
- Holidays (55)
- Immigration News (10)
- People of Shekou (16)
- Podcasts (19)
- Shekou News (96)
- Shekou Weather (42)
- Shekou Weekends (110)
- Sports (22)
- Technology (23)
- Transportation (45)
- Travel (23)
- Video (87)