46 Results in category Transportation
The city of Shenzhen is preparing for a record 16.2 million passenger trips in the city during this year's Spring Festival travel rush, which lasts for 40 days from February 1st to March 12th, as Chinese return home for their family reunions.
Three notable contingency measures they are putting in place to help ensure smooth migration include:
1. The operating time of 23 bus routes will be prolonged, some of which offer 24h service. The bus routes include: N4, 302, 337, 309, 101, 205, M508, B667, M217, M300, M341, M351, M354, M347, M295, M311, M415, 85, M518, 234, M359, 978 and B954
2. Metro operators will extend the city's final departure times of trains on all eight Metro lines to ...
China Merchants Shekou Holdings unveiled plans on Friday to ease the often congested traffic conditions heading into and out of Shekou. The announcement for improving what they refer to as an important part of the transportation network of Hong Kong and Guangdong includes plans to reconstruct the expressway on Wanghai Road and the latest forecasts for completion of the new Metro lines across Shenzhen. Both of which are expected to significantly improve the business environment of the area.
The plans of reconstructing Wanghai Road, drawn up by the Transportation Commission of Shenzhen Municipality, have been officially completed and made public and are expected to be executed soon. A ...
Good news for Metro riders in Shenzhen this New Year holiday. Metro operators have extended the city's Metro operating time for New Year's Eve Sunday December 31st and New Year's Day Monday January 1st.
The final departure times of trains on all lines has been extended to 00:30 on Sunday New Year's Eve and to midnight on Monday New Year's Day.
Happy New Year!
Good news for Metro riders in Shenzhen this Christmas. Metro operators have extended the city's Metro operating time for Christmas Eve Sunday December 24th. The final departure times of trains on all lines has been extended to midnight tonight.
Traffic is going to be a mess in major parts of the city this weekend. Preparations are underway for the Shenzhen Marathon and traffic notices and limitations are already being posted.
The Shenzhen Marathon will go on from 8am to 2pm Sunday December 17th; however, roads will be closed or influenced starting midnight on Saturday December 16th so please take precautions.
Roads to avoid:
Shennan Avenue (from west to east)
West Shahe Road
Wanghai Road (From north to south)
Middle Shennan Road
East Shennan Road
Suggestions from the traffic department:
Make a detour during the race time.
Since the marathon route includes the West Shahe Road and Wanghai Road, it wi ...
1. Tonight (December 8), the last train of Metro Line 11 from Futian station to Bitou station will leave from Futian at 21:00.
2. From Futian district to Nanshan district, the metro will use only one track, so that means departure intervals will be longer than usual.
3. From Bitou to Qianhai, the metro will run as usual. The departure interval is about 8 minutes.
4. The Nanshan station on line 11 and Taoyuan station on line 1 will offer shuttle bus for passengers. It is predicated that line 11 will be fixed and run as usual after 7:30am tomorrow (December 9)
5. The metro between Nanshan and Qianhai won't run during the adjustment time.
Reference: 运营信息 | 11号线临时运营调整
At 7am December 6th, Shenzhen Metro Train No. 00503 was heading south down Line 11 between Hongshuwan South Station and HouHai Station, when it struck a piece of concrete that had broken through the metro tunnel.
According to a preliminary investigation unauthorized construction overhead of metro line 11 caused damage to the tunnel that lead to the collision.
Original reports stated that the line would be operational within three hours; however, National Business Daily, reported that repairs took over 12 hours with the line returning to normal operation at 7:48pm.
The photo above is of the object that the train struck.
因擅自打桩施工 今晨深圳地铁11号线设备受损致延误！https ...
The pay area of Shenzhen North Railway Station on Line 5 will be partially closed starting from December 5th, due to renovation of the fire shutter facilities. The affected area is expected to return to normal on December 8th.
The railway station management has implemented passenger flow measures to ensure people will still be able to navigate through the station and transfer to the necessary areas; especially during peak periods.
Here's what you can expect:
1. The transfer area of the northern part of the station will be temporarily closed;
2. Passengers who intend to transfer to line 4 from the north part of the arrival hall of the station can take the four outbound gates at th ...
From November 1st through November 30th, two districts of Shenzhen have been conducting a transition period of new laws aimed at preventing and reducing traffic accidents involving electric bicycles, and safeguarding the lives and property of citizens. The new laws are scheduled to take effect on December 1, 2017.
The following violations are punishable by fines, and possibly detainment of vehicles, in Guangming New District and Bao'an District. There's no news yet as to when or if these laws will spread to other districts of Shenzhen.
Five types of punishable violations for electric bicycle riders:
1. Not wearing safety helmet;
2. Not equipped with lighting (headlight, taillight ...
From 1:00pm today passengers will not be able to buy tickets using the Online Ticket Vending Machines (known as ITVM) at 12 Shenzhen Metro Stations. The ITVMs will be taken offline while they are being updated.
The affected stations, all on Line 1, include:
Guomao, Grand Theater, Gangxia, Shopping Park, Zhuzilin, Qiaocheng East, OCT, Baishizhou, Shenzhen University, Daxin, Window of the World, Convention & Exhibition Center.
These machines were put in place last year to allow passengers to buy tickets using WeChat, QQ Wallet and Alipay. These can be very convenient when you need to buy a ticket and don't have coins or 5 RMB notes. If you'd like to learn how to buy tickets usin ...