RESULTS: Best Pizza in Shekou 2015
Close to 300 pizza lovers attended the 2nd Annual Best Pizza in Shekou Competition and Awards Ceremony at The Terrace in Sea World on Sunday December 6th, 2015 to help us determine which pizzas in Shekou are the best.
The competition sponsor, San Miguel Brewing Company, supplied free flow beer during the competition and Exotic Winds provided free flow of Imported Spanish Wine. TLI Language Institute also provided free VIP Language Lessons to 5 lucky draw winners.
The Terrace Band, T.A.S., entertained the crowd with their lively performances while guests tasted these amazing pizzas from the following restaurants:
- Alla Torre Pizzeria: Al Metro Pizza, Diavola (Pepperoni) Pizza, Ferrari Pizza, Proscuitto Crudo Pizza, and Margherita Pizza
- Beny’s: Pepperoni Pizza
- Chill’s: Pepperoni, bacon and jalapenos Pizza; and Pepperoni & Chicken with BBQ Sauce
- HH Gourmet: Pizza Bagels
- Italy Square: Fantasia Pizza, Gourmet Pizza, Marinara Pizza,
- Laffa: Four Cheese Pizza
- McCawley’s: Godfather Pizza
- OGGI: Parma Pizza, Capri Pizza
- SUGO: Pepperoni Pizza, and Mediterranean Pizza
- The Terrace: Tom Yum Gong Thai Pizza
- Volfoni: The American BBQ Pizza, Inferno Pizza, Romana Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza, The Four Seasons Pizza
- Warehouse Pizza: Godfather Pepperoni Pizza, US Ambassador Pizza, Pentagon Cheese Analyst Pizza
- Willy’s Crab Shack: Jalapeno Spice, Mediterranean, Pepperoni Supreme
- X-TA-SEA: Italian Sausage with Chicken and BBQ Sauce Pizza, Hawaiian Pizza, Traditional Pepperoni Pizza.
The Dolores unfortunately had to drop out at the last minute due to staffing issues.
Although the pizzas were the primary attraction, spontaneous singing from Sophia, Quenton, and Karina excited the crowds with their performances on stage with T.A.S.
Here are a few photo highlights from the event. To view them all, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Those of you that have been following ShekouDaily and our competitions since last year know that we take great efforts to ensure that the results are fair and accurate. Our three top concerns in all of our competitions is having fun, eating great food, and finding the truth.
This year, in order to find the true best pizza in Shekou, we set up a three-pronged competition:
- People’s Choice Awards: An online vote that took place from November 16th to November 30th. 875 people lovers placed 2,192 votes for 36 pizza varieties in five categories to pick the winners of this popularity content.
- Best in Show Awards: Almost 200 votes were placed at the Awards Ceremony at the Terrace. Each attendee was given one voting stub to pick their favorite after tasting all the pizzas at the event. The results determined the Best in Show winners in each category.
- Expert’s Choice Awards: ShekouDaily scoured the city to find Shenzhen’s Top Chefs to judge the Best Pizza in Shekou Competition. Chef David Ball of the Langham Hotel and Chef Adam Lin of the Shangri-La joined Chris Butt the founder of ShenzhenEat, Shenzhen’s top online restaurant ordering service, to do a blind taste testing of the pizzas. Unfortunately, the event was so crowded that we had a difficult time getting all of the pizzas to the judges in time. In order to maintain the fairness of the competition, we regretfully had to withdraw this portion of the voting from the final results. We would like to thank the judges for their time and we look forward to being better organized the next time we try this.
Alla Torre’s Al Metro Pizza
The photo gallery is currently being moved. It will be returned shortly.
Leave your comment
FEATURED EVENTS & PROMOS See All
If You're New To Shenzhen, Returning From The Summer Holiday, Looking To Meet Some New People, And Or Want To Enjoy A Great Party, This Is The Event For You! Each year ShekouDaily hosts its popular Welcome Back event (a.k.a. "End of Summer Par
It's not easy in China. From driver's licenses, business registration, to visa issues and taxes, navigating the regulatory and ...
Brew Magic Pub is experimenting with a NEW Late Night Food Menu. Come down and give it a try Friday & Saturday from 11pm to 4am...
BROWSE EVENTS & PROMOS BY CATEGORY more
- Food (71)
- Drink Specials (57)
- Live Music (36)
- Family-Friendly (20)
- Theme Party (19)
- Happy Hours (11)
- Holidays and Festivals (10)
- Dancing (7)
- Networking (7)
- Ladies Night (6)
- Cultural (5)
- Education (5)
- Business Services (4)
- Movie (3)
- Sports (3)
- Charity (2)
- Announcements (1)
- Flea Market (1)
- Function Rooms (1)
- Health & Fitness (1)
- Memorial Services (1)
Browse by Category more
- Attractions (6)
- Best of Shekou (6)
- Business (5)
- China News (31)
- Education (12)
- Entertainment News (41)
- Getting Around (13)
- Guides (18)
- Holidays (46)
- Humor (6)
- Mandarin Chinese (9)
- People of Shekou (15)
- Podcasts (19)
- Shekou News (87)
- Shekou Weather (17)
- Shekou Weekends (93)
- Sports (16)
- Technology (14)
- Transportation (25)
- Travel (14)
- Video (79)