Teacher's Got Talent! Tournament: Who is the Best Chinese Teacher in Shenzhen?
Join us! We're looking for Shenzhen's Best Chinese Teachers...
Many foreigners in Shenzhen want to learn Chinese. There are so many Chinese teachers in Shenzhen; however, that it's difficult for Expats to choose the best one. Instead of offering simple Chinese Teacher Advertisements like other websites do, we've found a better way to help students find their best Chinese Teachers. We're going to share a short video of you delivering a lesson, along with your Teacher Profile, so that Expats can choose the teacher that is perfect for them.
Getting in front of a camera may seem a little scary, but don't worry, we're here to help you through it so don't be shy and give it a try!
Benefits to You:
- You'll get free advertising to up to 15,000 Expats in Shenzhen and show them what you can offer!
- Your video will be available for you to use to promote yourself and demonstrate your abilities.
- The Winner will receive one year of Premium Advertising on ShekouDaily (valued at ¥8,857).
How does it work?
- Apply to enter the tournament. Up to 30 contestants will be selected to compete in the tournament.
- ShekouDaily will video record you giving a 5-minute Chinese lesson on camera in a private room in Sea World, Shekou, Shenzhen. There will be no cuts, no editing, no second chances. You need to get in front of a camera and deliver your lesson within 4-5 minutes. You can use any props or materials you'd like to bring, except other people.
- The exact date and time can be negotiated with each teacher after all applications have been received.
- ShekouDaily will share contestants' videos and teacher profiles via all of its channels. Your video will be on its own page with your profile so that you can also use it for your own benefit.
- The Video will be open for voting (on a scale of 1-5) for one week after first posting.
- The ten contestants with the highest scores will be invited back for Round 2.
- Round 2 follows the same style as Round 1. Round 1 topics cannot be repeated in Round 2.
- The three contestants with the top scores will be invited back for the Final Round.
- The Final Round follows the same style as Round 1 and 2 with no repeating content.
- The video with the top score after one week wins. If there is a tie, we will extend the voting period another week. Extensions will continue until the tie is broken.
- Prepare up to three lessons between 4-5 minutes (strict). New lessons are required for each round.
- Come to Shekou up to 3 times between Sept 1st and Oct 10th (break from October 1st-8th) to record your lessons.
- a. Lessons will be shot in a single take. No stopping and starting again.
- b. Round 1: September 1st to September 8th (Maximum 30 contestants);
- c. Round 2: September 18th-22nd (Maximum 10 contestants);
- d. Round 3: October 9th and 10th (Maximum 3 contestants).
- Any Chinese Teachers in Shenzhen can apply; however, they must be willing to come to give lessons to students in Shekou.
- All videos become the property of ShekouDaily who maintains the right to publish, re-distribute and or broadcast them in whatever way they deem necessary. However, you're welcome to use them as well.
How to Apply?
- The application period will be open from July 31st to August 25th.
- Add WeChat ID: ShekouDaily.
- Send two messages to ShekouDaily:
- a selfie video, no more than 10 seconds, stating why we should choose you.
- a text message with a) Your Name, Telephone, Email Address; b) Where you are from; c) Your Training Center Address or What District you live in; d) How much do you charge to teach Chinese; e) Any special qualifications or certifications; f) Any limitations (i.e., times you are unavailable).
That's it! We look forward to hearing from you soon. Don't be shy and give it a try... Good luck!
Leave your comment
FEATURED EVENTS & PROMOS See All
This year, we’ve decided to do something really cool and take a stand against the injustice of human trafficking. We would love you to join our team in this 5k Walk/Run in Shekou on September 9th. Both runners and walkers are welcome to join in o...
If You're New To Shenzhen, Returning From The Summer Holiday, Looking To Meet Some New People, And Or Want To Enjoy A Great Par...
Happy Hour at X-TA-SEA Sports Bar & Restaurant inside the Minghua Cruise Ship in Sea World Get 50% OFF Mixed Drinks, Beer, Sof...
BROWSE EVENTS & PROMOS BY CATEGORY more
- Food (79)
- Drink Specials (62)
- Live Music (44)
- Family-Friendly (25)
- Happy Hours (19)
- Theme Party (19)
- Holidays and Festivals (10)
- Dancing (7)
- Networking (7)
- Ladies Night (6)
- Sports (6)
- Cultural (5)
- Education (5)
- Business Services (4)
- Movie (3)
- Charity (2)
- Announcements (1)
- Beauty (1)
- Flea Market (1)
- Function Rooms (1)
- Health & Fitness (1)
Browse by Category more
- Attractions (6)
- Best of Shekou (6)
- Business (5)
- China News (32)
- Education (12)
- Entertainment News (42)
- Getting Around (13)
- Guides (18)
- Holidays (46)
- Humor (6)
- Mandarin Chinese (9)
- People of Shekou (15)
- Podcasts (19)
- Shekou News (88)
- Shekou Weather (20)
- Shekou Weekends (93)
- Sports (17)
- Technology (14)
- Transportation (26)
- Travel (14)
- Video (79)